Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Two Week Vacation Part 2

While on leave Ricky and I were able to make it to my family reunion. We went my Uncle's house in Oregon. Everyone but my little brother (who's on a mission in Africa) were all able to make it. Ricky and I rode up with my Mom and Allen because we didn't have a car. We were able to stop along the Oregon Trail. It was neat to see how it was kind of like in everyday life along the trail.
At my uncle's house we were able to enjoy cooler weather. It was around 70 degrees the entire time we were there so very comfortable compared to the 109 degree weather we had the last week in Texas. He also had a home made water slide which was both terrifying and totally awesome! I only went down a few times because every time I would almost slide off the end of the slide. We didn't take any photos of us on it but we got a few good ones of the nieces and nephews.
 They were getting crazy going down on their bellies.
The kids had so much fun on this thing, as well as the adults. It was pretty Awesome! I do have to give props to my 3 year old niece who would go down from the top of the slide by her self. I wish we had gotten a photo of her doing it but we were to busy enjoying everything our selves.
The second day there Ricky, Me, two of my brothers and my Uncle climbed his mountain.
Us taking one of the many breaks I needed on the way up while my Uncle told us stories.
 We made it to the top! Taking a breather before heading back down.
Other stuff we did while up there was horse back riding for all. My uncle has a shetlen pony that the little kids got to ride around on, and a few bigger ones for the older kids.
Some really liked it.
 Some were scared at first but eventually got into it.
Some loved it right from the start.
 They all wanted to ride the pony all the time.
 Ride 'em cow boy.
 The older kids getting a ride before the adults take one later.
Over all it was a great weekend! I am so happy we were able to make it to hang out with my family for the 3 days we were there! And Ricky loved it too! 
See he's having so much fun!
I hope we get it do it again very soon!

No comments: