Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Markets

So Christmas markets are a big thing here in Germany. With Fred being broken and Eve eating so much gas, we haven't been doing much but some friends invited us to go to the Heidelberg Castle and Christmas market and we went! It was great to get out and see more of Germany. 
This is the castle (I got this photo from Google, because we weren't able to get a photo of the entire castle)
 It's a pretty awesome castle. The original part was built back in the 1200's. They have guided tours throughout the entire thing but we chose to just look around ourselves because 6 kids is a lot to try and get through a tour, especially when 5 are ages 3 and under. 
 Even without the tour there was a lot of cool things to look at. My favorite would have to be the doors and the portcullis. 
 Ricky and me in the castle courtyard.
The details that they had on all the buildings were amazing! (granted I think this is one of the newer parts of the castle, still amazing though)
Don't you just love his hat?
We had lunch, and if I had remembered I would have taken photos of that and the Christmas market but by that time we were getting pretty cold. I got earmuffs to help me cause when my ears get cold I get headaches. (again sorry for no photos)
I can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: