Monday, September 6, 2010

Busy weekend

So this weekend has been crazy. It started with me getting a real piano!
It's a little old and worn but it still plays really well and it doesn't look to bad. I've really been enjoying having this over my keyboard. 
We also got a raft for when we go fishing. 
Ricky was so excited that he couldn't wait to blow it up.
Then he didn't want to get out of it.
Eventually he did and we went fishing, to try out the raft.
Ricky loves going fishing, even though we are both absolutely lousy at fishing here in Texas. He says he's good at stream fishing. Me, well I'm just lazy.
The raft had these things that held the poles for you, so I would cast my line, put it in the thing, and enjoy the weather and the company. But I'm ok with being a horrible fisherman, because if I ever catch a fish I would probably have to clean it, or at the very least touch it. I'm not sure I really want to do that just yet.
Anyways that was our Friday. Not even the entire weekend. Saturday we had a group lunch that I almost missed, because I had to work most of the afternoon. I did make it and had a lot of fun hanging out with our friends and their kids here. 
Sunday we went to a birthday party for one of friend's kid's 1st birthday. That was a lot of fun too. We played games and ate desserts and had a blast. 
And finally today we went to the lake and played on a raft and had a picnic and really just enjoyed the day in the sun and the water. I didn't have my camera for anything other then Friday, otherwise I would have more pictures. I'm still working on actually taking pictures for all these group events that we go and do. Hopefully I'll get better at it.

1 comment:

A&A Slater said...

I think fishing is just the fact of being with people, and being quiet! you piano looks nice, i can't wait for the day when I will be able to get a real piano also!