Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Summer of Outings

So my ward did had this great idea to do day trips to places within a few hours of here. I was able to go on a few and it made me wish I would have gone on more. It was great getting to see more of Germany. 
The first place I went was Idar-Oberstein. It's a large village that deals with gem stones. There were gem stones everywhere. If I was rich I would have gotten a beautiful gem stone bowl, but I'm just poor enough that extravagant decorations aren't in the budget.  One of the other amazing things about Idar-Oberstein is that it has a beautiful Cathedral built in the side of a cliff. It's still in use too!
There's also castle ruins further up the hill but it was a hot day and by the time I made it up to the Cathedral I was done. 

Another trip I was able to go on was to the Devils Table
This was an amazing park that had a trail that led up to this very cool rock. It also had a sweet slide that went from the top of the trail back down into the park. The park also had a splash pad, a zip line, and a maze. I still feel a bit like a creeper coming to parks without kids. Luckily I was there with friends with kids so it wasn't as weird as it could have been. 

No comments: