Monday, January 23, 2012

Projects for Activity Days

So last week I started up the Activity Days program for the 8-11 year old girls in my ward. I'm in charge so I get to plan all the activities and try and get the girls to do it. The first activity was a sort of success. I forgot to for call back up and honestly wasn't planning on more then 4-5 girls showing up, but I prepared for 12. I'm glad I did cause 10 girls showed up. A little stressful but I made it through the evening with out yelling or going absolutely insane. We learned how to sew by hand and each girl got to sew a pocket onto a bag. After the pocket was on they got to decorate it however they wanted to. I even made some super cute flowers they could put on to make it more girly. I think they all turned out great! I didn't get any photos of the madness or the finished products but I did have some left over flowers that I took a photo of.
If you go here you can see where I got the idea and instructions on how to make them. I really like these flowers. I'm gonna try and find a way to use them in other projects!

No comments: