Sunday, June 17, 2012

3 - 2 - 1 Blast Off

Ricky and I spent this last Saturday enjoying the company of friends and the joy of shooting off model rockets. Yes, we have awesome friends! It was a very enjoyable day, even with the heat. 
Ricky was very proud of his rockets. He made both of them.
 Getting ready for ignition.
 And blast off!
I just have to say that his first rocket failed spectacularly. It was a 2 stage rocket and the second engine didn't go off until the rocket was already heading back towards the ground so it got blasted into the ground. It was awesome!
Some of the other rockets set off that day.
 One of like 5 photos Ricky decided he needed to take of me. I tried to pull my hair back into a ponytail but it stuck strait out behind me. I guess it's still too short for that.
Some more rockets. Yes, this is a pencil.
 NASA getting ready for lift off.
Ricky could have shot off rockets all day, but the kids lost interest and started getting tired. All in all it was a great day!

No comments: