Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Going Home

I had the opportunity to go home for the entire month of November this year. Ricky had couple of TDYs right after each other and rather then spend my time home alone and miserably lonely, I decided to fly back to the states to be with family. It was a much needed trip, not only for me, but for my family as well. It's been over a year since I was able to see any of them in person.
Before I even left for the airport, problems started. So right then and there I decided my mantra for this trip would be, "Be the leaf." It's a quote from a show I watch and basically means that I just need to go with the flow. It helped me calm down when anything that would normally be stressful and freak me out came up, and I was able to deal with each issue that came my way. There were a lot of issues throughout the duration of that trip, including but not limited to, the threat of not getting seats on the plane, the 2 year old I was traveling with getting sick and throwing up 3 times on the airplane, the flight coming in late, sleeping in the airport because getting a hotel room for 4 hours sounded like a stupid idea. And that was just the first day of traveling. 

No comments: