Thursday, December 12, 2013

Priesthood Blessing and Temple Work

I don't often share spiritual stuff on here. Ok I never share spiritual stuff on here. I don't really share it period, and that is a little sad, because I have so many amazing spiritual experiences. Granted some of them are very personal to me. Others I forget a little too quickly. But I did have one that I do want to share, at least a small part of.
While I in Idaho, I was able to receive a priesthood blessing from most of my brothers (two weren't able to be there) and can I just say how wonderful it was to know that all them were worthy and willing to give me a blessing. I felt surrounded and protected by a wall of love before the blessing was even started. And almost from the very start I could feel my dad's presence, stronger then I've ever felt him, around me. It was a beautiful blessing and I cried the entire way through it. I only wish I had thought to record it so I could hear those blessings again.
Right after my priesthood blessing, most of the family was able to go do baptisms for the dead in the Twin Falls, Idaho Temple. If you ever get a chance to go to the temple with all or most of your family, do it. The whole experience is so much more meaningful and filled with so much more love then when you're there with strangers. 
Of all the things I was able to do while home This day was my absolute favorite and most cherished of them all. 

No comments: